So, if you are reading this “Fansly vs OnlyFans” blog, then it is pretty clear that you are a content creator looking for the best adult creator platform around.
Fansly is a comparatively new subscription-based social media site that has become popular in a short time. Earlier, when a person thinks of a creator social media platform, especially the one that allows adult content, the first name that pops on to our mind is OnlyFans. But it seems Fansly is changing that!
As everyday passes by, Fansly is witnessing an increase in both creators and subscribers on the platform and questions like
- Is Fansly the best OnlyFans alternative?
- OnlyFans or Fansly?
- Is Fansly better than OnlyFans are being asked around.
You’re also probably here with similar kinds of questions. Well, this article is all you’re going to need. We’ll explain in-depth here about Fansly and OnlyFans – what the platform is, how it works, differences, earning potential, etc.
Before we get started with the Fansly vs OnlyFans duel, let’s cover the basics first.
Fansly is the new adult social media subscription that’s capturing the attention of adult creators all around the world. Owned by Select Media LLC (Baltimore-based company) and CY Media LTD (Cyprus), Fansly is increasingly becoming popular and getting new sign-ups as you read this.
In fact, Fansly reported that they are witnessing massive new sign-ups of 4000 an hour. One main reason for the recent uproar of Fansly was when OnlyFans announced that they won’t be accepting or publishing explicit content on their platform anymore. This led the popular social media subscription platform to face a huge backlash and that’s when Fansly rose to the occasion.
Fansly is exactly a similar site to OnlyFans. Even the layout looks the same but the only thing that differentiates Fansly is that it has a couple of more features than OnlyFans. Fansly follows a tiered membership with different price stacks and fans must subscribe to content creators to view their content. Creators can choose to keep their profile free for fans or charge a subscription for their content to increase their Fansly earnings. As we said, it’s pretty much everything like OnlyFans.
Fansly now has an approximate 17,000+ daily unique visitors and the web value rate is somewhere around 1,059,172 USD.
So, that’s the basic overview of Fansly. You now know what is Fansly website and how does Fansly works. Let’s look at the next section in our Fansly vs OnlyFans blog.
OnlyFans needs no introduction but still, here’s one.
OnlyFans is a popular social media subscription platform that was started in the year 2016 by Tim Stokely. The platform supports all kinds and categories of creators which is one of the reasons why OnlyFans became so popular.
Another reason for the boom of OnlyFans is the pandemic – a lot of creators signed up on the OnlyFans platform during the pandemic to make a living and in the year 2020, OnlyFans generated more than $2 billion in revenue.
OnlyFans allows fans to subscribe to their favorite creators to view their exclusive content. And creators can earn from each new subscription and other ways the platform allows them to make money on OnlyFans.
So, that’s pretty much the overview about OnlyFans. Now let’s head to the part where we compare the two best adult subscription-based platforms.
Fansly Vs.OnlyFans: Is Fansly Better Than OnlyFans?
This is where we’ll be talking about Fansly vs OnlyFans by taking a look at the earning capability, features, the safety factor, and more.
But before that, let’s look at the major differences between the two adult subscription platforms.
What Are the Main Differences Between Fansly and OnlyFans?
The main difference between Fansly and OnlyFans is that Fansly helps creators with more useful features that assist them in promoting and making more money by selling their content. Let’s see some more differences between Fansly and OnlyFans below.
- Fansly allows the users to search for a creator within the platform. Though the look and feel of Fansly is very similar to that of OnlyFans, this minor difference can mean a lot to both the fans and the creators. OnlyFans doesn’t provide any search feature on its platform.
- Also, Fansly provides a unique way that helps creators to a great extent to grow subscribers when compared to OnlyFans. Fans on Fansly can follow the content of creators before choosing whether or not to subscribe. This allows creators to be discovered more on the platform.
- Fansly allows creators to come up with a wide variety of subscription tiers which OnlyFans doesn’t. Creators have the option to allow fans to follow their content for free, use emojis to hide parts of the media for free followers and do more with Fansly.
- The only thing that’s a concern with Fansly is that it allows platform users to pay only using a credit card which might be disrupted in case payment providers like Visa and Mastercard force Fansly to drop adult content like they did with OnlyFans.
- Creators on OnlyFans can set only 1 subscription tier that ranges between $4.99 to $49.99. On the other hand, Fansly creators can create multiple tiers depending on the type of content they want to sell at different prices ranging between $5 to $499.99.
- Creators on Fansly can add crypto payments as a payout method on their profile while OnlyFans creators cannot use crypto as payout method.
- The maximum single tip amount on OnlyFans is $200 for regular users, while the same on Fansly is $500.
- Fansly gives you the option of sending mass messages to all your followers as PPV, while OnlyFans doesn’t provide this option of mass messaging.
- Creators on OnlyFans can segregate and organize their messages into categories for better management, whereas Fansly doesn’t provide this feature to its creators.
So, those are the major differences between Fansly and OnlyFans. Now, let’s look at the earning methods.
Fansly vs OnlyFans – Ways to Make Money
When it comes to ways to make money on Fansly, both OnlyFans and Fansly are similar. Creators get to create subscriptions and sell different kinds of media to the users. A creator can maintain their privacy and make money anonymously on OnlyFans too. Some of the most common earning methods on the platforms are
- Subscription packages
- Live Streaming
- Selling private content – video & photos
- Fan tips
What makes Fansly stand out here is its feature where it allows creators to come up with different subscription tiers, giving variety to users and also increasing the chances of them buying a subscription.
OnlyFans Vs Fansly – How Much Can You Earn
This is another point of debate when it comes to Fansly vs OnlyFans.
Both OnlyFans and Fansly are adult-subscription platforms that have similar features and earning ways. The platforms take a commission from what the creators earn from the platform.
What percentage does OnlyFans take?
OnlyFans takes 20% as commission from whatever the creators make. Say if you are cashing out $100, OnlyFans takes $20 as commission and you get the remaining $80.
What percentage does Fansly take?
Like OnlyFans, Fansly percentage cut is also a 20% commission making the platforms identical in this.
But Fansly has a couple of features that make it slightly better than OnlyFans when it comes to how much does Fansly take.
But here’s the thing – OnlyFans is already popular and has a name to it. It doesn’t need any introduction and has a huge creator and audience base. So, most of the creators would naturally be inclined to choose OnlyFans for their creator profile.
Fansly, on the other hand, has gained the momentum it needs, especially when OnlyFans announced the ban for adult content (though it was revoked later). The platform already has a significant number of users and if they do things right, down the lane, Fansly can also give users a huge earning potential.
But for the moment, creators have more earning potential on OnlyFans. But if you’re a person who has a huge fan following, Fansly or OnlyFans, it really doesn’t matter, right? Your fans follow you wherever you go!
Fansly vs OnlyFans – What’s the Payout Frequency?
This is where Fansly aces. The payout frequency is one of the most important factors and creators would want to cash in the money they’ve earned as soon as possible. And Fansly provides creators just that.
OnlyFans Payout Frequency
The popular adult subscription platform provides creators payouts on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. The earnings are held for 7 days before it is available for payout.
For smaller countries, the holding period is 21 days for the first 4 months after which it switches back to the 7 day holding period.
The payouts on OnlyFans are deposited in your account in usually 3 to 5 working days. The minimum threshold for requesting a payout is $20.
Fansly Payout Frequency
The holding period of earnings on Fansly is also 7 days like on OnlyFans. But Fansly has one of the quickest payout processing times. The payouts will be processed within 1-2 business days. Yes. You heard that right – it’s 1-2 business days.
Like OnlyFans, the minimum payout threshold is $20.
Here, Fansly is clearly the winner.
Which One is Safer and Easier to Use: OnlyFans Vs Fansly?
Although we’ve said that Fansly and OnlyFans look pretty similar, a lot of users, especially on Reddit, say that Fansly is easier to use than OnlyFans.
This could be due to the fact that Fansly allows users to search for creators within the website and the interface is a bit better than OnlyFans.
As for the question of which is safe, both Fansly and OnlyFans have the necessary safety measures implemented for both users and creators.
Both platforms offer geo-blocking features and the contents have the platform’s watermark in order to prevent copying or spreading.
Fansly, going a step ahead protects creators from chargebacks.
Which One is Better: Fansly or OnlyFans?
There, we’ve come to the verdict part for Fansly vs OnlyFans. Here are the key takeaways from the article
- Both OnlyFans and Fansly are similar adult-subscription platforms. But Fansly has a slight leading edge where it gives creators the option to come up with multiple subscription tiers. And fans on the other hand can enjoy the interface with easy search options.
- Fansly has features where creators can censor certain parts of their image with emojis to provide to free followers. And when they subscribe, the image automatically goes off. Fans can also follow a creator’s content for free before they choose whether to subscribe or not.
- Fansly has quicker processing times than OnlyFans. Though it’s only a couple of days in between, it could make all the difference for a creator.
- Fansly is a very new and flexible platform which means they can introduce new features and make the platform sophisticated by trying a lot of new things which is something OnlyFans cannot do.
Sure OnlyFans has a big name and a huge audience base and you can promote your OF profile easily. But going for Fansly now is like signing up as a creator on OnlyFans before it boomed. With Fansly having all the potential to become one of the biggest competitors of OnlyFans, it is definitely worth giving Fansly a shot!
That said, we’ll head to the final part of this Fansly vs OnlyFans read.
Final Few Words
So far, we’ve covered
- What Is Fansly Website?
- What is OnlyFans?
- Fansly vs OnlyFans – Major Differences Between the Platforms
- Fansly or OnlyFans – Which One Is the Best?
- How to Create a Website Like Fansly?
- Is Fansly better than OnlyFans?
Becoming a creator on a popular social media subscription and trying to earn is all good. But what if you could create the next OnlyFans or Fansly?
Think of everything you could do with your own adult-social media subscription platform on your hands – 100% freedom, no commission cuts, your models and the freedom to scale your business as you want to. Yes, it is possible by using leading adult subscription scripts from Adent.io like xFans. xFans lets you create your own profitable adult fanclub marketplace like OnlyFans and Fansly.
If you’re an adult model who wants the freedom of having their own website for their fan following, then xModel is the perfect solution for you. Using xModel you can start your own adult paid membership site and expand your brand.
So, you pretty much know everything you need to know when it comes to Fansly and OnlyFans. You have also come across options to come up with a website like Fansly using powerful adult subscription scripts from adent.io.
It’s your call now – OnlyFans. Or Fansly. Or a platform that you own!
Check out this video on YouTube by Miss Twiggy where she explains why she prefers Fansly over OnlyFans and tells the differences on both platforms from a model’s point of view.
FAQ’s Related to OnlyFans vs Fansly
1. What is Fansly website?
Fansly is an adult social media subscription platform that allows creators to share their content with fans based on a subscription. Fansly is more like OnlyFans, with a couple of additional features when compared to OnlyFans.
2. What percentage does Fansly take?
Fansly takes a 20% commission with every earning the creators make.
3. What is the main difference between Fansly and OnlyFans?
The main difference between Fansly and OnlyFans is that Fansly offers more features for creators to make money on its platform than OnlyFans.