Adult fan sites are on a roll in today’s world, and why not. They provide an opportunity for fans to connect and interact with their favorite adult content creators and give the creators multiple opportunities to make money from their content. The first adult fan site to start this journey was OnlyFans, which gained huge popularity throughout the world. Soon, we saw many such sites come up, giving more opportunities to adult creators to sell their content.
One such site like OnlyFans is Fansly, which has created a buzz as one of the best adult fan site platforms. But what makes Fansly so good that adult creators are shifting to it from other fan sites? Today in this article, we will answer all your questions regarding Fansly like
- What is Fansly?
- How does Fansly work?
- Does Fansly allow nudity?
- What is Fansly used for?
- How to post on Fansly?
- How to promote Fansly?
So without any further ado, let’s find out more about Fansly and what makes it so popular among adult content creators.
What is Fansly?
Fansly is a social media platform that is combined with subscription services and provides both adult and non-adult content for audiences. It is owned by an American company, Select Media LLC and CY Media LTD in Cyprus. Fans need to pay to subscribe to their favorite creators to get access to their exclusive content. Creators who are new and want to gain fans can opt for a free profile too.
Since the announcement of OnlyFans to ban adult content on their platform, Fansly has seen a huge spike in new registrations on their platform. As soon as the news broke out, Fansly was getting 4000 new creator sign ups every hour, which led the website to crash due to heavy traffic. Fansly now receives 21 million visits every month and is all set to reign the adult fan website race.
Fansly takes a 20% cut of all the earnings made by creators on their platform, which is the same as what OnlyFans charges. Creators can set their subscription rates and start selling content to their subscribers. Fansly allows both video and image content to be sold on their platform, which is the major selling point for adult content creators. Creators can even sell pay per view videos and images through their profile over the subscription for some exclusive content. Creators can also receive tips on Fansly that adds up to their overall revenue from the platform.
Fansly isn’t only about adult content creators, but you can see creators specializing in different fields like fitness, music, cooking, painting, etc., selling their content to the right audience. Fansly is built specifically for content creators and helps them make good money by just uploading interesting content on their profiles and gaining as many fans as they can.
What is Fansly used for?
Fansly is a subscription based fan site platform that is used by creators to sell their content. Although it is dominated by adult content creators who use Fansly to sell adult content, there are many other different types of creators who also use Fansly to sell their content, like Musicians, Fitness experts, etc.
Does Fansly allow nudity?
Yes, Fansly allows nudity and adult content on its platform. In fact, Fansly is very popular among adult content creators to sell their adult content.
How does Fansly work?
Fansly works on a subscription based model where users subscribe to their favorite content creators to get access to their exclusive content. Creators can set up 4 tiers of subscriptions for the users and share different levels of content for each tier. Let’s take an example and see how the tiers can be set up.
- A creator can set a free subscription where they post regular, fully clothed content for their free followers.
- Next, they can set up a bronze tier, say for a $5 subscription fee, where users can get access to some NSFW content posted by the creator.
- Next can be the silver tier for $10, in which subscribers get access to a short video and more sexy images of the creator.
- Then comes the gold tier for, say, $20, where subscribers get the option to privately chat with their favorite creator along with access to exclusive photos and videos.
- Then a creator can create a premium platinum tier for, say, $40-50, where subscribers can get access to on-demand videos along with all the images, videos, and chat options in the previous tiers.
Other than these subscription tiers, creators also get the option to sell pay per view posts that are behind a paywall. Any user who is interested can buy this content by paying the price assigned to that post. Users can also tip their favorite creators on their profiles which is an added revenue for the creators.
Fansly takes 20% of the earnings made by creators on the platform as commission, and creators get to keep the rest 80% of their earnings which is pretty good as per the market rates. As Fansly allows NSFW and adult content too on their platform, it’s mandatory for any user to be above 18 years of age to be able to register on Fansly. The transactions on Fansly are safe and done through secure PayPal payments.
How does Fansly make money?
Fansly makes money by taking a commission from the creator’s earnings through the various monetization options on its website. It takes a 20% commission on subscriptions, tips, etc., which is the primary way in which Fansly makes money.
How to use Fansly?
Fansly, as compared to many other adult subscription platforms, is user friendly and has a simple process. Although the website is almost the same as that of OnlyFans, Fansly provides many more features for the creators as well as the users. Let’s take you through the registration process on Fansly.
Sign-up and verification
Once you fill in your details on the signup page and register, the website will verify the email address you provided. Once verification is done, you’ll be signed up as a creator. The signup process is pretty fast and smooth on Fansly.
There are three things you need to sign up for Fansly. Firstly you need to take a selfie with a clear background holding your ID. Next, you need to provide your bank details which will be used to transfer your earnings on Fansly. And lastly, you need to write on blank paper “For Fansly” with the date.
As mentioned earlier, Fansly provides you with the option of either keeping your profile free or charging with different subscription tiers for it. The subscriptions can be monthly or yearly and depending on the tier a user chooses; they can see the relevant content.
The free profile gives the opportunity for users to see your free content, and if they happen to like it, they can buy the locked content or even send you tips. This builds curiosity in the users and makes them buy a new subscription or buy your locked content.
After your verification as a creator, you would need to fill up some basic details on your profile. Having a well-written profile helps users to know you better. A few of the basic things that need to be filled in your profile are:
- Your username
- Your display name
- Profile & cover picture
- About (describe yourself, type of content, niche, interests, etc.)
- Social media links
While writing your profile, make sure that it doesn’t sound robotic. Add some personal flavor while you’re writing, like telling about your likes, dislikes, what turns you on, etc. Introduce your followers to what type of content they will be getting if they subscribe to you. Connect with your audience.
Users would be attracted to your profile only after seeing some content. So post a few free images and videos to attract new users to your profile. Fansly allows all types of content on its platform. You should be comfortable with promoting your content, as that is where the game of content services lies. Here are a few content types you can post.
- Non-sexual topics like food, fitness, art, music, etc.
- Implicit nudity
- Nudity (with and without face)
- Non-nude topics like fitness or bikini photos
- Fetish contents like pictures with feet or back, etc.
Before posting any content on Fansly, make sure that your content is clear and attractive to the user. A poor quality image can seriously damage your credibility as a content creator. Here are a few things to keep in mind while taking pictures and videos.
What kind of content can you post on Fansly?
As discussed in the previous section, Fansly allows any kind of content to be posted on its platform. From non-sexual content like food, music, art, etc., to non-nude content like bikini pictures and fully nude pictures, Fansly provides a vast range of content that can be published on their platform. Creators of all niches find success on Fansly and not just adult content creators.
But there are some guidelines that Fansly follows, and all creators should adhere to them. Content that features violence, child abuse, underage kids’ pictures, non-consensual pictures, illegal stuff, etc., is banned on Fansly. You can read Fansly terms of service to find more about the list of banned content on their platform.
How to make money?
Fansly, like any other subscription fansite, provides a lot of opportunities for the creators to earn money from the platform. If the content you post on Fansly is good, you’ll find many fans wanting to pay money to get access to your content. And it’s not only adult content that sells on Fansly, but artists, musicians, chefs, fitness trainers, etc., have also found success on Fansly.
One thing to keep in mind if you want to earn good money on Fansly is that your content has to be appealing and regular on your profile. Fans expect you to publish regular pictures and videos to get the value of their subscriptions. Another important thing to make good money on Fansly is to market and promote your profile. Let’s take a look at the various ways in which you can make money on Fansly.
How does Fansly subscription work?
The primary way of making money on Fansly is through subscriptions. The more the number of subscribers you have, the more chances you have of making good money from the platform. Creators can opt for a free subscription, too, where fans can see the free content creator uploads. This gives an opportunity for fans to gauge your content first and then convert into regular subscribers.
Fansly offers creators the option to create multiple tiers of subscriptions where a creator can set different types of content for each tier. This works well for the fans, too, as they can choose which subscription they want, and it also helps creators to provide multiple types of content based on subscription tiers.
For the Fans who don’t want to go for a monthly or yearly subscription, Fansly empowers the creators to upload pay per view content behind a paywall. Fans check the free content of the creator and then can pay for the locked content by paying only for that particular content. This is another good way for creators to make extra money on Fansly.
If a fan likes the content of a particular creator, then they can even give tips on the profile of the creator. Fansly provides this option to all creators to receive tips from fans. It is very important to post regularly on Fansly so that fans get tempted to pay tips to their favorite creators.
Fansly provides this fantastic feature to its creators to charge fans for private messaging. Not only can creators get paid by messaging fans, but fans can also send suggestions to creators for new content that’ll generate more cash and tips.
Creators can make money by referring other creators to the Fansly platform. For every successful referral made, Fansly pays the creators 5% of all the sales made by the new creator for one whole year.
Can male content creators sell content on Fansly?
It’s no secret that the majority of the fans on fan sites are men, and most of the creators are women. But this doesn’t mean that male creators don’t stand a chance of making it big on Fansly. There are many male content creators who are making it good on such platforms. With the right approach and exciting content, men, too, can make a living by selling their content.
Let’s take a look at what male content creators should do to get more subscribers and make good money on fan sites like Fansly.
- Marketing your content – With the right marketing, even men can make good money through fan sites. Reddit is a great place to advertise your content to the masses and get them to subscribe to your Fansly profile.
- Social shoutouts – Many accounts on Twitter, Fansly, and Instagram promote content and profiles of content creators. These accounts have a huge following making them a great option to earn some subscribers for your profile. Ask them for a shoutout, and you’re sure to get attention.
- Niche content – Even for men, it is important to post content in a particular niche rather than poking into all types of content. Choose a niche and regularly post content that resonates with the niche. If you’re a fitness trainer, stick to training and show off your body.
- Live Stream – Getting live with your fans is a great way to interact with your fans and also advertise your profile to many others. Get on cam at regular times and interact with your audience to build personal connections. You can even ask your fans to advertise for you.
- Work as a couple – Couple’s content is always trending on platforms like OnlyFans and Fansly. It can either be your partner or other creators nearby whom you can approach to pair up with you and post content as a couple.
What is typical male content on Fansly?
There are many types of male content that you can sell on Fansly. Some of the popular male content that men can sell and make money on Fansly are:
- Big black Dick
- Black gay
- Muscular male
- Male strippers
- Tattooed male
- Fem boy
How to promote Fansly profile?
Just creating your Fansly profile and waiting for subscribers to magically turn up will not happen. You need to market your profile and content on other platforms to get the audience to notice you and help you gain subscribers. Especially for new content creators, this is arguably the only way to increase their fanbase and subscribers.
Where to promote your Fansly profile?
There are many social media platforms that you can leverage to spread the word about your Fansly profile. Here are a few.
- Reddit – You will get many NSFW subreddits that will allow you to promote your Fansly profile along with an image. Some will even allow you to put your Fansly link for promotion.
- Discord – Public Discord servers are a great place to get promotions for your Fansly profile. You can find these public server lists on top.gg and Disboard.
- Twitter/Instagram/Facebook – If you have a large following on these social networks, then it’s a great way to promote your Fansly profile on them. But remember that these platforms have content policies regarding explicit content, which you need to check.
- Tube/Cam sites – It would help if you’re already on tube and cam sites. You can tell your followers to check out your Fansly profile for more exclusive content.
- Shoutouts – You can ask accounts on Twitter, Instagram, and even Fansly, who have a good following, to give your profile a shoutout. This is a great way to promote your profile in front of a large audience.
How to market your Fansly profile?
After you know where you have to promote your Fansly profile and content next, you need to understand how to promote your content. The tone and messaging of your promotional content need to be appealing to the audience. Here are a few tips.
- Describe yourself – Tell the audience who you are, where you are from, etc.
- Describe the type of content – Let the audience know what kind of content you publish, like cosplay, partners, outdoors, etc.
- Describe exclusivity – Tell the audience what kind of requests you are open to, like fetish requests, kinky requests, etc.
- Sneak peek – Show a sneak peek of your main Fansly profile and a look into what people will get from your Fansly subscription.
- Discounts/Offers – You can offer discounts or offers on your subscriptions. This makes the user feel they’re getting a steal deal.
Is Fansly legit and safe for adult content creators?
Fansly is very much a legit company and is backed by an LLC registered company in the US. The website sees over 21 million visits every month and is pretty famous for its innovative features for the creators. They have a number of initiatives to protect creators’ content and their privacy. Fansly takes strict measures to ensure no piracy of content happens on their website. Here are a few things Fansly has done to ensure the privacy of content.
- Fansly has features that make it extremely difficult to download content from their website.
- There is a two-step verification process in place that makes it impossible for hackers to get into creators’ or users’ accounts using stolen passwords.
How much money can you make on Fansly?
As per Fansly, top creators on its platform make over $10000 per month. The thing to remember is that Fansly takes a 20% cut from all earnings made by creators in addition to the earnings made by referrals.
Fansly provides multiple ways for creators to make money on their platform. The primary source is the multiple subscription tiers. Most creators charge only for one paid tier and charge anything between $5 to $15 per month. But many creators provide multiple tier options with different content in each tier. For example, Amouranth charges $9.70 per month for the basic tier and $100 & $200 per month for the Diamond and VIP tiers, where the videos are usually longer than 15 minutes. On average, creators make around $20000 per year on Fansly.
Is building a website like Fansly difficult?
If you plan to start your own fan site business, then either you can build your own website, or you can buy a whitelabel solution and customize it as your own website. Building a website of your own isn’t an easy task and requires a lot of effort, money, and time.
Building a website like OnlyFans would easily require 4 to 6 months of hard work and above $10000 in expenditure. If you have the time and money for this kind of setup, then you should go for this. Or else you can take the help of whitelabel solutions like xFans and get started with your own customized website within 24 hours.
How to start your own fan site like Fansly using xFans?
To save you from the hassles of building a website, xFans comes to the rescue. xFans is a readymade whitelable script using which you can create your own Fansly clone site. xFans is affordable and saves you a lot of time and money that you would need to build a website.
The design of xFans is to imitate websites like OnlyFans and Fansly. With slight customizations as per your brand, you can use xFans to create your fansite within days. xFans uses a cutting-edge tech stack that provides features like live streaming, video-on-demand, token payments, tipping system, merchandise store, premium content, integrated payment gateway, calendar system, and much more.
Let’s take a look at some of the features of xFans:
- Manage accounts –Easy control and administration of all user and creator accounts through the admin account.
- Payment gateways – In-built adult-friendly payment gateways like CCBill and Verotel.
- eCommerce store – User-friendly eCommerce store integrated.
- Tech Stack –Robust and cutting-edge technology throughout the platform like NextJS, ReactJS, CSS, NestJS, NodeJS, MongoDB,Redis, and WebSocket.
- User friendly – Simple registration process and easy to navigate UI.
- Website analytics – Detailed analysis to help you improve your website performance.
- Dedicated dashboards –Independent dashboards for admin, users, and creators, to keep track of their performance and expenditure.
After the scare given by OnlyFans to its loyal creators, Fansly has come out as the saving grace for many creators. Fansly is popular and trusted by the creator community, especially adult creators. Due to its sturdy and helpful features that provide content privacy, too, Fansly is all set to become the next OnlyFans.
If you have been looking to create something similar to OnlyFans of your own, then a whitelabel solution like xFans is your best option. With a plethora of integrated features and a one-time fee, xFans has everything you need to run a successful fansite. I hope this blog has helped you understand the vast potential of Fansly and the content creation market.
1. Is Fansly legitimate?
Fansly is a legitimate platform backed by a registered LLC company in the USA and is a serious contender as OnlyFans alternative.
2. How much does Fansly take from creators?
Fansly takes 20% of the earnings creators make on their platform. Creators get to keep the rest 80% of the income.
3. Can you make a lot of money on Fansly?
Yes, depending on the popularity you get on Fansly, you can comfortably make $20,000 on an average per year.
4. How Much Fansly Models Make?
Fansly models having a good number of subscribers can easily make $5000 to $7000 every month.